Street Food in Darwin
Darwin's tropical lifestyle means enjoying many hours outdoors in some of the most beautiful spaces in the country.
City of Darwin is activating many of our fabulous outdoor spaces with our street food program. A number of spaces around the city and foreshore are now home to great food trucks offering fantastic eats in iconic Darwin surrounds. So grab your mates and a picnic rug and head to one of our great food truck locations.
WANT TO APPLY FOR A PERMIT? CLICK HERE.
There are some great food choices on offer at different locations accross the municipality. For more information on what's on offer, please contact Food Truck vendors:
The Salty Plum Cafe
East Point, Southern Coastal Car Park:
- Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 7.00 am to 10.00 pm
Harry’s Mobile Kitchen
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursday and Fridays from 5.00 pm to 10.00 pm
- Saturdays and Sundays from 9.00 am to 10.00 pm
- Saturdays and Sundays from 8.00 am to 10.00 pm
Yummy Yianni's Greek Cuisine
- Wednesdays and Fridays 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Jetty & The Fish
- Thursdays from 5.30 pm to 8.00 pm
- Saturdays, Sundays 5.00 pm to 8.00 pm
The Potato Man
- Sundays from 5.00 pm to 10.00 pm
- Fridays from 5.00 pm to 10.00 pm
Ken’s Crepes Mindil
- Wednesdays 5.00 pm to 9.00 pm
Cucina Sotto Le Stelle
Chapman Road Car Park:
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 9.00 am to 2.00 pm (except Public Holidays that fall on a Monday or Friday)
- Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 5.00 pm to 10.00 pm.
The Box Jellyfish Cafe
Chapman Road Car Park:
- Saturdays and Sundays from 9.00 am to 2.00 pm
- Public Holidays that fall on a Monday or Friday from 9.00 am to 2.00 pm
On your mobile? Go direct to the mobile friendly map
Zoom in on the map and click on each icon to see vendor names, trading times and other information.
Note: Red icons indicate that the vendor has not commenced trade yet. Use the + and - buttons to view more detail for each location and vendor.
Season Permits have now been awarded for 2016/17.
Thank you to all the vendors who applied.
Seasonal permits run annually from 1 April to 31 March.
City of Darwin administers permits and loactions only, please contact individual food truck vendors for information on their business.
Seasonal and one-off permits will still be considered on a case-by-case basis, subject to meeting criteria.
For detailed information, download the Street Food Policy.
The current fee structure for 2015/16 is:
Per Day $41.00
Per Month $272.00
Per Quarter $804.00
Per Annum $3,314.00
Access to Power (per day) $51.00
(Some single permit events only)