Paying by Instalments
Rates can be paid in bi-monthly instalments between September and March each year. Your annual rates notice includes the instalment amount required and payment due date. If you prefer, you can pay the full annual amount in one payment by 30 September.
Due Dates for Instalments
Instalment payment dates are
- 30 September
- 30 November
- 31 January
- 31 March
These dates are the same each year and will not be changed. Where payment dates fall on a weekend, payments can be made electronically. Alternatively payment will be accepted on the following business day without penalty.
Please note: penalty interest may be applicable on overdue accounts.
How to pay
You can pay your rates instalments via
- our website via Pay Online
- BPAY available through your participating financial institution.
- direct debit via your bank account (download a copy of the direct debit form)
- any post office in Australia (You will require your rates assessment number)
- the Civic Centre – open 8.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday (EFTPOS, MasterCard, AMEX, and Visa available)
- mail – via cheque, money order or complete the credit card authority on your rates notice and send to: City of Darwin, GPO Box 84, Darwin, NT, 0801
- credit card by phone (24 hours) - 13 18 16 (MasterCard and Visa only).
To query your rates account, phone 8930 0551 or email firstname.lastname@example.org