Free wireless internet is available in The Smith Street Mall, Civic Park, Tamarind Park, Anula Playground and the Nightcliff Pool and Cafe surrounds. The four public libraries also provide a number of computer and internet resources including free wifi.
Zoom in on the map below to see the location and approximate coverage of free public wifi provided by the City of Darwin.
To connect to the Wifi simply click on the connection labelled "City of Darwin Free Wifi", open an internet browser and then accept the terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions for use of City of Darwin Free Wifi
- Persons under the age of 18 are to be accompanied by a parent/guardian when registering for access to the Internet with City of Darwin. The parent/guardian accepts liability & responsibility for allowing their child further access to the Internet at City of Darwin.
- Users are responsible and liable for all material accessed, transmitted & displayed during their Internet session. The Internet is not to be used to access, transmit or display material which is illegal, offensive, pornographic or objectionable.
- Users must respect copyright laws and software licensing agreements. Please read the Copyright Regulations located near the computers.
- Users will be considerate of other public space users and use headphones when playing sound files.
- Users will be respectful of other users, including children, youth and families, and only access the wireless service in designated areas of the public space.
- The City of Darwin does not provide support to configure your equipment for wireless access. For further assistance refer to your user manual or contact the Public WiFi vendor Easyweb Digital - 1300 135 249
- The City of Darwin is not responsible for any changes that you make to your computer's settings to access the wireless network and recommends that you make a note of any settings before you change them.
- The City of Darwin Public wireless network is a non-secured network. Information sent to and from your wireless device may be captured by anyone else with a wireless device. Please keep this in mind when accessing personal or business information.
- City of Darwin does not accept responsibility for any loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, service interruptions, technical difficulties or transmission of viruses.
- Anti-virus software, security and privacy of information are the responsibility of the user.
Conditions of use for free wireless internet access at City of Darwin Libraries
Free Wireless Internet access is available at Casuarina, Darwin City, Karama and Nightcliff libraries during opening hours. The service is available to everyone.
- Download up to 1GB daily with no time limit. When the maximum 1GB is reached, connection will be automatically lost.
- Printing from Wifi is not available.
- Access is available throughout the library including the meeting room and courtyard.
Any user identified as breaching the above conditions will be denied access to the Internet.
DISCLAIMER: City of Darwin assume no responsibility for any damages, direct or indirect, arising from use of its connections to Internet services.