Do you need a PA for your next event?
City of Darwin’s Gig Gear provides an affordable and accessible alternative for community groups, young bands and artists who need a PA (sound system) for events. Gig Gear can be used for small to medium concerts or as a public address system for a variety of events and productions.
Gig Gear is only available to not-for-profit organisations, community groups, charities and young people for non-commercial events that are open to the community (sorry, no backyard parties!). There are three different sized kits available, the hire fees for which are as follows:
MIPRO - $50 (+ $150 bond)
SMALL Gig Gear - $100 (+$200 bond)
BIG Gig Gear - $200 (+$500 bond)
The deposit is fully refunded with the safe return of the Gig Gear.
If you are interested in using the Gig Gear or would like to know more about it email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Customer Services on 8930 0300.
Once availability has been checked and a tentative booking is made, hirers can download the paperwork here -
- Gig Gear Loan Agreement
- Deposit Refund Authorisation
- SMALL Gig Gear - list of included equipment
- BIG Gig Gear - list of included equipment
- MIPRO - list of included equipment
Completed hire agreements and deposit return forms can be emailed to email@example.com.
If you need assistance deciding which size Gig Gear is right for your event please contact the technical manager on 0491 283 311. Unfortunately the technical manager is unable to assist with booking or payment enquiries.
Please note to use the Gig Gear:
- The event must take place within the Darwin municipality
- The event must be non-commercial in nature and open to the community to attend
- The hirer must have public liability insurance
- The Gig Gear cannot be loaned out to a hirer until the hire agreement, deposit return form, public liability insurance certificate and payment have all been provided
- Both the big and small Gig Gear require a sound technician to set them up and operate them
- Unless previously agreed with the technical manager, Gig Gear is to be transported in an enclosed vehicle. The SMALL Gig Gear fits in a station wagon or large sedan. The BIG Gig Gear, requires a 1 tonne (large) van or small truck.
Equipment specifications for sound experts: