Disability Advisory Committee (DAC)
Council’s Disability Advisory Committee (DAC) was established by City of Darwin to ensure equity of access to people with disability with regard to Council procedures, services and facilities.
The Disability Advisory Committee meets five times per year and its main objectives are:
- To monitor the implementation of Council’s Community Access Plan under the Disability Discrimination Act.
- To keep Council informed of standards and legislation that may impact on Council’s provision of services and facilities.
- To identify actions which Council may take to improve access on Council property.
- To monitor the progress of requests and complaints associated with access issues.
- To provide information to the community on disability issues through various publications, promotions and public forums.
Nominations now open
City of Darwin invites nominations from volunteer community representatives for appointment to the Disability Advisory Committee. To nominate, please register via the online form. A downloadable version is also available.
Nominations Close 5.00pm Friday 3 Jun 2016
The current DAC members for the term ending 30 June 2016 are:
|Alderman Allan Mitchell||Elected Member, City of Darwin|
|Alderman Justine Glover||Elected Member, City of Darwin|
|Deborah Bampton||Community Representative|
|Leo Golding||Community Representative|
|Rosemary Burkitt||Community Representative|
|Dianne Maley||Community Representative|
|Cassandra Jevdenijevic||Community Representative|
|Emma Fraser||Community Representative|
|Lynne Strathie||Community Representative|
|Julie Forrest-Davis||Community Representative|
|Avril Vaughan||Community Representative|
|Charles Atherton||Community Representative|
|Kirrily Chambers||Specialist Representative, Department of Lands and Planning|
|Kayla McDonough||Specialist Representative, National Disability Services NT|
|Alasdair McGregor||Specialist Representative, Council on the Ageing (COTA) NT|
|Afshin Beigi||Specialist Representative, Department of Transport|
|Nik Kleine||City of Darwin|
|Gail Price||City of Darwin (committee secretary)|
For more information on Council’s Disability Advisory Committee, please contact the Community Development Officer on 8930 0645 or firstname.lastname@example.org