Access and Inclusion Advisory Committee (AIAC)
Council’s Access and Inclusion Advisory Committee was established by City of Darwin to ensure equity of access to people with disability with regard to Council procedures, services and facilities.
The Access and Inclusion Advisory Committee meets five times per year and its main objectives are:
- To monitor the implementation of Council’s Community Access Plan under the Disability Discrimination Act.
- To keep Council informed of standards and legislation that may impact on Council’s provision of services and facilities.
- To identify actions which Council may take to improve access on Council property.
- To monitor the progress of requests and complaints associated with access issues.
- To provide information to the community on disability issues through various publications, promotions and public forums.
The current Access and Inclusion Advisory Committee members for the term ending 30 June 2018 are:
|Alderman Simon Niblock||Elected Member, City of Darwin|
|Alderman Robin Knox||Elected Member, City of Darwin|
|Deborah Bampton||Community Representative|
|Lynne Strathie||Community Representative|
|Cassandra Jevdenijevic||Community Representative|
|Julie Forrest-Davis||Community Representative|
|Vacant||Specialist Representative, Department of Lands and Planning|
|Vacant||Specialist Representative, Council on the Ageing (COTA) NT|
|Susan Burns||Specialist Representative, National Disability Services NT|
|Jennifer Harlock||Specialist Representative, Building Advisory Services|
|Vacant||Specialist Representative, Department of Transport|
|Nik Kleine||City of Darwin|
|Tahlia Joy||City of Darwin (committee secretary)|
For more information on Council’s Access and Inclusion Advisory Committee, please contact the Community Inclusion Coordinator on 8930 0645 or email@example.com