How can I get involved as a supplier/provider?
Do you currently run, or are you interested in running low cost activities/programs that promote healthy lifestyles? Do you want to increase the awareness of activities/programs that you run in Darwin?
This is your chance to be part of a community program helping to build Darwin into an active and healthy place to live.
Subsidised Activity Program
We aim to provide a diverse range of group activities throughout the year that increase opportunities for physical activity and promote healthy lifestyles. Activities, where possible, will make use of Council's built and open space facilities across the municipality and will be subsidised by the Healthy Darwin program to ensure participants only pay a minimal fee to take part.
Healthy Darwin invites service providers who deliver healthy lifestyle programs/activities and meet the below criteria to apply to be part of this innovative community based program.
Examples of the type of activities that may be included are weekly group fitness programs, nutrition and healthy eating/lifestyle workshops, health and wellbeing activities in community halls or private studios.
Benefits of being involved:
- We will promote your organisation as a key Healthy Darwin provider, through various sources including our Healthy Darwin booklet, Website, Facebook page & newsletter.
- We will cover cost of venue hire or permit fees.
- You receive a set fee for service of $50 inc GST per class (including delivery, planning & set up). Participants will be charged only $4 per class (to be paid to the instructor).
Booklet of Low Cost Activities
The Healthy Darwin program booklet aims to provide a diverse mix of low cost activities accessible to all Darwin residents throughout the year, with activities on offer to cater for different abilities, ages & interests. The booklet will encourage people to be active by promoting local opportunities for exercise and healthy lifestyles that are no more than $10 per hour.
Examples of the type of activities include regular low-cost group fitness programs, nutrition and healthy eating/lifestyle workshops, health and wellbeing activities in community halls, private studios and community health and wellbeing expos and events.
Benefits of being involved:
- A chance for you to be part of a community program helping build Darwin into an active and healthy place to live.
- We will promote your organisation and activity as a partner in the Healthy Darwin Booklet available on our website.
- Opportunity to engage with a broader audience and give people the chance to ‘come-and-try’ your activity.
If you have any further queries please contact us either by email or phone:
Phone: 08 8930 0431