A-Z Recycling guide for residents
Using the right disposal method for your unwanted items will assist in improving recycling and reuse rates and extend the life of the Shoal Bay Landfill.
- 1Yellow items - Place empty item in your yellow topped bin for kerbside recycling.
- 2Red items - Place in your red topped bin. These items cannot be recycled at kerbside or at Shoal Bay.
- 3 Green items - Food scraps and small volumes of garden waste should be placed into your red topped bin or composted. Domestic garden waste should be dropped off at Shoal Bay Mulch.
- 4 Blue items - Can be taken to the Recycling Shop at Shoal Bay for reuse or recycling.
- 5Brown items - Please take to the transfer station at Shoal Bay where staff can direct you where to drop off items.
- 6 Purple items - Please contact the City of Darwin on 8930 0300 for advice on appropriate disposal methods