Cat Complaints

cat on shedcat on fence
Council has developed a process to manage complaints received about cats.
Please see the Animal Management Plan for details of this process.

Most complaints regarding cats are about Cats At Large; entering other properties and causing a nuisance by fighting or defecating or urinating.

Cats may be contained within your property by keeping them inside, having an enclosure or cat run that extends from the house or installing a fence-topper that stops cats from entering or leaving. Contact Council's Education Officer on 8930 0606 for suggestions and examples.

If you make a complaint or a complaint is made about your cat, Council will ensure you are informed throughout the resolution process. If you require more information please contact Darwin City Council 8930 0606.


inside catsct in run