Working at the Library
- Do you have an interest in helping people?
- Do you provide excellent customer service?
- Do you enjoy being involved in programs for children, such as storytime and holiday activities?
- Do you want to link people to information?
- Are you creative and curious?
- Are you technologically-savvy?
- Do you like to work independently and in a team?
Yes? City of Darwin Libraries are always looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Jobs are advertised at Careers@TheTop
For information about careers in libraries click here.
Volunteering at the Library
Volunteers undertake a variety of tasks within City of Darwin Libraries and are an important part of our team. Volunteers are assigned specific tasks within the library.
Volunteer jobs include:
- mending books and other materials
- shelving books, magazines and so on
- delivering books to housebound customers.
To volunteer please contact the Library Manager at the Library you would like to work at.
All Volunteers need to have a current Working with Children Clearance/Ochre Card and those making housebound deliveries will also need a Criminal History Check. The Library can help you apply for these and will cover the cost of the both.
For more information please contact us