National Pollution Inventory
The National Pollution Inventory (NPI) collects information on substance emissions from industrial and non-industrial sources. The NPI is a National Environmental Protection Measure introduced to give community, industry and government free access to emissions data.
National Environmental Protection Measures outline national objectives for protecting or managing particular aspects of the environment. NEPMs may consist of any combination of goals, standards, protocols, and guidelines and may relate to one or more of the following.
- ambient air quality
- ambient marine, estuarine and fresh water quality
- the protection of amenity in relation to noise (but only if differences in markets for goods and services);
- general guidelines for the assessment of site contamination
- environmental impacts associated with hazardous wastes
- the re-use and recycling of used materials
NEPMs may also relate to motor vehicle noise and emissions. For further information visit the national website.